Hidden Heroes Awards 2015
Hidden Hearing’s fifth annual Hidden Heroes event took place on 19th October 2015. Hidden Heroes had initially started out as an Award Ceremony for people who were deaf or hard of hearing and had evolved to become an event for anyone who had overcome adversity in their lives in order to excel and make a difference in their communities. The awards were open to people all over Ireland of all ages and abilities.
Vital Communications managed the entire event from development of the categories to the sponsors, official launch, media relations and event management on the day. Twenty one people and organisations were recognised at the Awards ceremony in Dublin, including 11 heroes across categories such as Age is no Barrier, Young Hero, Family Hero and Triumph Over Adversity. 10 people also received a ‘Special Recognition’ Award for their achievements caring for sick family members, looking after seriously ill children or overcoming a disadvantage to excel in sport.
- Broadcaster Mary Kennedy was secured to present the Award.
- A media partnership was negotiated with the Irish Independent offering print and digital promotion for the event.
- Category partners were secured for each category.
- 148 people in total attended the awards ceremony on the day.
- Over 50 pieces of media coverage across national and regional print, broadcast and online media including RTE Six One News.
Check out the Video here.
Check out the Irish Independent here
Check out Irish Mirror coverage here